Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cobra R FrontBrake System

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cobra R FrontBrake System

Recently, I received some brakes from a friend (Cobra R). The interesting thing I noticed was the scrub pattern on the rotors. Only a pattern of less than 2 inches was shown. On my PBR setup it is about 2 1/4 inches. He mentioned that the pads were "hawks". I don't know if they are designed to utilize the smaller area on the rotor or not. The difference in diameter of the rotors is PBR=11 and Cobra R=13. If anyone has experienced this situation, it would be appreciated if you could clarify. Usually more is better with pad to rotor contact area. It will be a while before I change out the systems. Is there a pad that would be optimal for the Cobra Rs? I also saw an image of brake cooling tubes on a Cobra R but don' t know if it was stock or add on. I've been waiting for an excuse to install the system to utilize the openings in the nose for a while (the adaptors that connect from the nose to use a 3 inch flex tube to the backing plate on the brakes).

Image I found of Cobra R brakes with similar pattern to my PBR setup.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cobr...LJlgPwfQUPdbM:

Thanks in advance,

WEK
    Last edited by skullandbones; 02-12-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046