Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  62

Thread: Boss 427 Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome!! I like the leather shifter boot, I just ordered the leather boot for mine, I guess my rubber boot that came in the kit wasn't exactly centered and the stiffness of the rubber kept pulling it out of 2nd and 4th gears.

Boyd it looks like your dash panel is a lot higher than the 3/4 tube it mounts on in that picture, probably just the angle of the picture. Looks good I like the gauge layout.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    Looks awesome!!
    Thanks!!

Boyd it looks like your dash panel is a lot higher than the 3/4 tube it mounts on in that picture, probably just the angle of the picture. Looks good I like the gauge layout.
    The dash panel screws are dropped down about an inch from the bottom of the 3/4 tube. I left the leather long so it could be peeled back and the aluminum adjusted if need be. I know the edge of the dash is 3/16" above the welded corners as called out. Yeah, I'm pretty happy with the layout too. Thanks!!
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
    I like the leather shifter boot, I just ordered the leather boot for mine, I guess my rubber boot that came in the kit wasn't exactly centered and the stiffness of the rubber kept pulling it out of 2nd and 4th gears.
    The leather shift and ebrake boots and trim rings came from Lokar, same as the ebrake handle and mechanism. The 427 replica shift handle is from **********. It works nicely, but it can be a bugger trying to get the boot to stay in place while screwing it all down.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019