Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pre formed gas and brake lines

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Breeze Automotive has pre-formed brake lines. I've not seen anyone offer pre-formed fuel lines. Wouldn't be easy. Lots of different sizes, whether you need a return or not, plus variations in where the fuel line best enters the engine compartment depending on the engine and fuel pump setup.

I'm actually a little amazed at the lengths people are going to avoid having to do flares. I know it's not cheap, but the Eastwood tool makes perfect flares every single time. Harder in stainless like I've done. But with standard steel line you can get perfect flares the very first time. Just couldn't be easier. I know at $200 it's not a cheap tool. But it will keep on giving long after the build. Or sell it on the forum. They come up every once in a while and immediately get snapped up.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I was thinking on doing stainless but when my kit comes I want to be prepared. I think I'll spend the money for the Eastwood flaring tool.

Thanks
    Mike