Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Pompton Lakes Car Show

Post Thanks / Like

Pompton Lakes Car Show

Thought you lads might like to see pics from a car show that I entered last Fall. It's quite a spectacular show with over 300 cars. I was fortunate enough to take a first place in my class.(foreign cars) There were quite a number of diverse cars in this class. Ferrari's, Porsche's, MG's, Fiat's and a Sunbeam Tiger.

And of course, the old fat guy.

John O
    FFR 1293K - First Factory Five slabside. Replica of CSX 2367. 289 Hi-Po, original Cobra dual quads manifold with original Carter 3258s and 3259s carbs, Dayton wire wheels, Tremec 5-speed, 355 trac-loc rear, original Amco Cobra luggage rack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Nice looking car!
    I've never participated in a car show and don't know much about the classes. How did you end up in the foreign class? Would that be normal for a Factory Five?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Congratulations. Nice looking car!
    I've never participated in a car show and don't know much about the classes. How did you end up in the foreign class? Would that be normal for a Factory Five?
    The AC car was a British car using a Bristol 6cyl engine. As I understand it, it was Carol Shelby's brainchild to put the Ford V8 in the small lightweight car to take on the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, etc. The collaboration between AC and Carol Shelby is the stuff of legend and mythology.
    I've wondered myself how the cobra replicas would be treated/classified at the various shows and events.