Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Exhaust Cutouts Anyone ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Exhaust Cutouts Anyone ?

I have the Breeze Quietpipes (modified sidepipes) and wonder if anyone has thought about adding a couple exhaust cutouts, mechanical or electric, to your sidepipes if they seem to be TOO quiet.

After struggling with a carburetor issue for almost a year I finally am on the road to happiness there.

Now on to other issues. Yesterday when I was finally able to drive the car in pre paint colors I was able to get on the gas a little the engine and exhaust sounded great, but maybe it was too quiet. In a video I took about a month ago, I have heard comments like "Its not very loud", or "I cannot hear it"

Listen Yourself
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ5CLarCutE

Being a proponent of NOT too quiet pipes on both of my motorcycles, D&D on one and Vance and Hines on the other, I am wondering if I am my own worst enemy.

Seems to me the place right behind where the 4 tubes merge into a 3 1/2 tube would be an excellent place for a cutout.

I have thought maybe a spare or separate set for race days, after all they can be swapped out, but wait what about a cutout set?

Hmmmmm !
    Last edited by mcwho; 04-07-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Baghdad Bob

Complete Kit Delivered July 2010, serial @ 7287, Whitby Power Brakes, Whitby Tonneau, Power Steering w HEIDTS PS Valve, Hydralic clutch, 15" Wheels, BFG Tires, 331 stroker w Quick Fuel 650, RPM Heads, Air Gap Intake. IRS w 3.27, TKO-600. FFMETAL Firewall Forward, FFMETAL Dropped Battery Box in Trunk, Enlarged Passenger footbox, Breeze Cubby storage, Breeze Seat Brackets, Herbs Door Panels. Ford ruby red 12 coats.