Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  564

Thread: Roadracer's #997 build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Thanks / Like
    The title saga continues. I hadnt heard from the DMV so I made an appointment to see them. They said that it was rejected again because the form VTR-61 "Rebuilt Vehicle Statement" needed more information about the work I had done to the car. They handed me two blank sheets of paper and asked me to document "what I'd done". OMG.. so I did that, writing down every step, and handed it back in.

A few hours later I get a call that my paperwork is ready to pick up and take to the County Tax Office who actually create the title. I picked it up and the letter on the front says that I need to get a bond for 1.5x the appraised value because the car's identity cannot be proven - all because of the crate motor.

So I go get a bond at a cost of $550.

Next on the letter it says "The vehicle does not qualify for Classic, Antique, Custom Vehicle or Street Rod license plates" - which may be a much bigger deal.. I'll have to find out.

Here in TX, we all apply for Street Rod title because it means no annual inspection, all regs are per 1933, etc. So I don't yet know what this bonded title is going to mean.. if it gets bad enough I may be forced to buy a new motor and start this process all over.

What a complete sh*t show!! And no way to appeal apparently.
    Last edited by RoadRacer; 07-31-2022 at 05:37 PM.
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100