Hey guys, I wanted to run a situation by you and get your opinions...
I installed my flywheel today hoping to dial indicate the bell housing but I ran into a snag when installing the bell onto the block.
First of all, I have a brand new DART based 427w. It was built by Smeding Performance in TX. I also have a TKO 600 with a Quick Time bell housing that was purchased new through MDL Driveline in Idaho.
The bell housing lines up and will fit about 1/16" to 1/8" down onto the dowel pins but then it will get stuck and no amount of pushing will get it on. I called MDL who immediately contacted Quicktime. They were told that based on manufacturing techniques it is highly unlikely that the bell is the problem.
I pulled the bell off, rotated it and tried to just get one side to go onto a dowel pin at a time...same problem, could not get the bell housing hole to slide onto the dowel pin more than 1/16-1/8".
Obviously, I have a dowel pin or a bellhousing hole problem. I find it highly unlikely that the bell is the problem since the dowel pins were probably hammered into the block.
My question...how the heck should I handle this?