FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Roadster Build Plan and Expanded Introduction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the fun. Hopefully you can get the 50 50 sale soon. The Whitby power brake booster works nicely after you can get it in the car. Lol. But hydroboost is a good option too. Sir Edward has done both so he has a lot of knowledge in this area and many others. Tough to beat Forte's hydraulic clutch. I have the center dash support on mine with the FFR padded dash with glovebox. It's plastic so if you're going this route I would recommend the under dash support from Mike Everton. Makes it solid as a rock. Good luck and enjoy your build.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JRL16 View Post
    Hopefully you can get the 50 50 sale soon.
    Don't want to rain on the parade, but I've read in multiple places that FFR have told people there will never be another 50/50. Other sales, yes, but not that one. I got the winter special and got $1000 off options..
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JRL16 View Post
    Welcome to the fun. Hopefully you can get the 50 50 sale soon. The Whitby power brake booster works nicely after you can get it in the car. Lol. But hydroboost is a good option too. Sir Edward has done both so he has a lot of knowledge in this area and many others. Tough to beat Forte's hydraulic clutch. I have the center dash support on mine with the FFR padded dash with glovebox. It's plastic so if you're going this route I would recommend the under dash support from Mike Everton. Makes it solid as a rock. Good luck and enjoy your build.
    Never Say Never Because Like Any Business The Economy & The Company's Cash Flow Drives Everything!

What drives any business is cash on hand plus receivables minus taxes owed, utilities, insurance, salaries, overhead and accounts payables to vendors for supplies and components.
    Add in the law of supply and demand for orders taken and future order projections and you get the picture.
    The bottom line is the same for all private businesses so in this case, the only person that knows what will be offered in the future is Dave Smith and maybe his accountant.

Note: The deal I got, though in a much weaker economic time, (Sale Ended On: 11/10/2014) was $1,500.00 off of the complete kit or $2,500.00 off of any add-on goodies with the exception of their Rag Top and Hallibrand Wheels.