Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  355

Thread: # 1002, SVTFreaks build.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Svtfreak View Post
    I've got weird stuff going on. I put the spacer under the door on passenger side and got everything leveled and clamped down and firewall fitting well all around and looks great. Except the drivers side door sill is naturally sitting about a 1/2" off the 1.5x1.5 frame. I don't see any reason to try to fix this as everything else fits perfectly and is straight and square. Anyone see any problems in my future over this? The frame does not hand below the body.
    1/2" is a lot. Most people are complaining about 1/4" difference in the body. Mine was almost equal side to side but about 1/4" up. The roof was crooked. If you have the hard top plan on doing final door gap with the top bolted on. The top pulls the body in a little.

Post Thanks / Like
    I prolly didn't need a 1/2". Now that I look at it. But what baffles me is why the other side pulled up also. Oh well, I'll work it out as I go. Maybe lol.

I am doing hard top. Thanks for the tip. I won't do any more than the rough door gap fitment until top is on. And then I'll have to figure out how to race it so that doesn't happen since I want to make top removable and changeable to roadster. I already have a plan for th package tray area and cowl area to stiffen the. Up drastically.
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.