Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  355

Thread: # 1002, SVTFreaks build.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am using the PCM supplied with the controls pack. Although I have the original PCM from the donor car, the fuel system config and other required nannys do not make its use an option.
    I installed and adjusted the Lokar cable linkage prior to starting body and paint. I spent about an hour getting the full range of travel for the shifter to hit all the gear positions from Park to Drive. The Lokar has a position for sport where it the shifter is moved over providing access to the shift up and shift down detents.
    It seems like it is all there, but don't know why Ford skimmed on the sport mode programming for the controls pack. I will just have to hope that there is a solution when I have the car up and running.
    MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, started 12/2011, registered 9/2014, sold 3/1/2018.
    1970 Mustang Fastback Coyote powered Boss 302 tribute. Started 10/14/16.
    Gen 3 Coupe Base Kit non-donor build. Ordered 4/5/2024 to be received August 2024.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan_C View Post
    I am using the PCM supplied with the controls pack. Although I have the original PCM from the donor car, the fuel system config and other required nannys do not make its use an option.
    I installed and adjusted the Lokar cable linkage prior to starting body and paint. I spent about an hour getting the full range of travel for the shifter to hit all the gear positions from Park to Drive. The Lokar has a position for sport where it the shifter is moved over providing access to the shift up and shift down detents.
    It seems like it is all there, but don't know why Ford skimmed on the sport mode programming for the controls pack. I will just have to hope that there is a solution when I have the car up and running.
    I’ll be anxiously awaiting your findings in that.
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.