Quote Originally Posted by progmgr1 View Post
I used to have a (German) Ford Capri II that was about that color. It really stands out in a crowd!

So where did you get your paint? I'm still searching for the perfect color, so seeing a different palette might be useful...

Thanks, Keith HR #894
There’s a local business here called capital auto paint. They are a primarily Ppg dealer, and have a few other stuff. Evercoat, 3M, house of Kolors and stuff. I was perusing the auto paint chip catalogs and he asked what I was looking for. I told him I wanted a metallic yellow. He started pulling out all kinds of stuff including some they sprayed in house to show. I told him I wanted 2004 mustang screaming yellow but with metallic. When I told him that, he went right to the book to see it, then said “oh, I got just what you want”. He pulled out a paint flip catalog of this and went right to it. It’s so close, dead on in some lights, as far as shade, but dances in moving light. He even had a little light that mimicked sunlight, fluorescent, and warm lights. He was very helpful.

Sorry, I kinda got side tracked. But it’s a locally owned paint supply house that specializes in Ppg. They only carry ppf and HOK as far as paint.

That’s exactly what I want! I wanna stand out but not be too orange or too zincy pale lemon. I think this one will be perfect.