Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LS3 in a 33 questions?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    My 430hp LS3 came with a Corvette oil pan. I see that the 525 hp engine uses a Camaro oil pan. Did you switch to the Corvette pan or something else?

The Eddie Motorsports accessory drive should work, but $2300 is a lot to pay. What I don't like about nearly all aftermarket accessory drives is they move all of the components forward by 1.5-2 inches, which can cause clearance problems with cars that have engines without a larger than normal engine setback. The cost is driven up when you toss a perfectly good balancer and water pump, to accommodate the setup. Not a fan of high mount AC compressors with the hoses all up high. I'd use stainless steel braided AC hoses to improve the look. I had to resort to a high mount alternator on my '37. The low mount alternator position is occupied with the power steering shaft. With a power steering pump and low mount AC, the only other place is up high on the passenger side. I bought a chrome alternator to improve the look.

It took a lot of research, but by combining the CTS alternator and bracket with an Alan Grove low mounted compressor bracket, you can make a compact accessory drive with AC for under $1000. Of course it doesn't have a show quality polished finish on it, but it works.
    Last edited by DaveS53; 06-17-2017 at 11:37 AM.