Sometime things happen when least expected. An unfinished Challenge Car came up for sale recently, thanks Bill. I jumped, an "early bird thing", and bought the car. I'll pick it up early June. Chassis 8885.

I'm basically a new guy here, lots of reading but also posted about a friend that ordered a Gen 3 Coupe; his was delivered this past week.

Currently a Superformance owner, but it's damaged and I think I'll sell it. Also owned a second one for a few years. I have about 65,000 miles in Superformance cars since 2004 and a fair amount of track time at Gingerman and Grattan, both are local for me. Two events on VIR South Track. Multiple cross country trips.

The Challenge Car will be my first FFR and complete build, I'm looking forward to the project. No time frame, budgets and available time are always concerns. But I've been plotting and planning a build for many years now.

Here’s the basics. It will be a streetable track car. The plan is to be as light as possible w/o compromising safety and reliability. It will also have sufficient power to make things interesting, one wouldn’t want the pavement to cool in their shadow. Not planning for sanctioned racing, a no rules build.

Here’s the beginning of the plan.
RDI (351z) aluminum 427w, about mid 500 hp or more, similar torque, 440hp/430tq at the wheels in current configuration. I have this motor. Going to try to bump power to high 500’s.
Will probably add dry sump or hope to. Accusump system to start.
TKO-600 .64OD have this too. It’s really a 4-speed with a highway cruising gear.
New IRS, not pin drive, Torsen diff., 3.31 gears (got to find these). The car came with IRS and 3.73s.
275 and 315 or 335 17s, Not sure about wheels
Big brakes with power assist. Will need help on this.
Power steering, car came with a power rack, not sure about pump and drive. Will need help here too.
Coilovers not included w/ purchase. Looking for options.
Not sure about sway bars but planning to install front & backs. Looking for options.
Kirkey Vintage seats for the street and Intermediate RR for the track.
Speedhut gauges
Street completion kit.
I expect to enhance the roll bar but not a full cage.

I’ll need lots of help, mostly related to sanity, but I suspect I’m in the wrong place for that. I’ll have many questions. Hopefully I can contribute something to the group.

Had my first ride in a Factory Five on Saturday. Rained otherwise I could have driven it. Challenge Car, T56 and a Viper motor. Interesting build, nice car, almost civilized but that may have been due to the rain.

Jim