Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  24

Thread: DIY SolidState Arduino Self Canceling Turn Signals

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used a OKI-78SR DC-DC voltage regulator to power up the ATTiny85. I miss-spoke.. it's actually capable of handling 7-36v of input. I wonder if a zener diode would be a good idea to add on it's input? I put in a simple small diode just to protect from reverse polarity connection issues... but.. a zener might have been better to use to protect from higher than desired spikes too. There's also a pair of opto-isolators driving the MOSFETs. I'm pretty optimistic it'll survive the noisy 12v car electrical system... (fingers crossed). That's part of the reason I can't wait for this fall, when I expect to have my cobra road-legal.... so I can shake out any bugs in the turn-signal system.

*edit update* Instead of a zener, A TVS Diode is what I'm going to add for my final design. Looks like they are designed just for the purpose of suppressing high voltage spikes.
    Last edited by skidd; 05-30-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool! I am contemplating something similar but had thought of using accelerometer input for the cancel function--I like your IR sensor approach better. Looking forward to your updates on this!