Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New owner long time lurker

Post Thanks / Like

New owner long time lurker

Finally put my order in on 5/24 complete date of 7/8!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I find my self constantly researching on the net when I should be doing other things around the house. Talked to Courtine a few time over the last week to finalize all of my options. I took advantage of the 50/50 sale been waiting patiently for it to happen and loaded up with a lot of options. I have been waiting 13 years to finally pull the trigger. I have been lurking on both forums for years on and off. I ordered the Coyote package through Forte’s Parts Connection, went with T-56 along with his hydraulic clutch setup. I can’t wait for the fun to begin and want to think all of you guys who have made building one look so do able. The forum has been so valuable to me already and will continually reference it as I build my dream car. If anyone plans to be at FFR during the week of 7/10, would love to get a picture of the kit sitting on the self.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mr. Paul2STL,

Congratulations Long Time Lurker!
    .I Love The Fact That Your Car Will Have Enough Forward Gears To Make Things Really Interesting On The Top End!

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 06-03-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Paul. You've been lurking long enough to know that this will make you like a kid waiting for Santa! You've clearly done your homework and ordered good stuff from FFR and Forte. I had to laugh when you wrote, "I find my self constantly researching on the net when I should be doing other things around the house." It's been 10 years and 2 builds since I caught the FFR disease and I've probably spent as much time on the net and forums as I have building. This disease is progressive, for sure, and maybe incurable. At least, I hope.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! The fun has only started for you.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and welcome aboard. The coyote is awesome. Love every second of driving mine.

Ha I feel you on spending time on the computer. I probably spent 3 hours researching planning for every 1 hour of actual work building.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul2STL View Post
    Finally put my order in on 5/24 complete date of 7/8!!!! I'm so excited!!!! I find my self constantly researching on the net when I should be doing other things around the house. Talked to Courtine a few time over the last week to finalize all of my options. I took advantage of the 50/50 sale been waiting patiently for it to happen and loaded up with a lot of options. I have been waiting 13 years to finally pull the trigger. I have been lurking on both forums for years on and off. I ordered the Coyote package through Forte’s Parts Connection, went with T-56 along with his hydraulic clutch setup. I can’t wait for the fun to begin and want to think all of you guys who have made building one look so do able. The forum has been so valuable to me already and will continually reference it as I build my dream car. If anyone plans to be at FFR during the week of 7/10, would love to get a picture of the kit sitting on the self.
    Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations (from another long time lurker). So many Coyotes now. You're making me and my carbs feel old.

But that's a great motor, so... Awesomeness!!
    Roadster #9146. Complete Kit, 363 w/Jim Inglese Weber Carbs, Forte TKO600 w/Hydraulic Clutch, IRS, Wilwood Brakes, F & R Sway Bars, 17" Halibrands, Power Steering, Breeze Front Battery Kit, Herb's Door Panels, and who knows what else left to be added.
    Ordered 5/19/17. Delivered 8/18/17. Slowly Building.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mach'er View Post
    Congratulations (from another long time lurker). So many Coyotes now. You're making me and my carbs feel old.

But that's a great motor, so... Awesomeness!!
    Mach'er looks like we will be getting our kit about the same time. I don't plan to do a build log but will do updates on the process, maybe we can share experiences along the way.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
    Congrats and welcome aboard. The coyote is awesome. Love every second of driving mine.

Ha I feel you on spending time on the computer. I probably spent 3 hours researching planning for every 1 hour of actual work building.
    Scott, I follow you on Instagam. Your car is beautiful and I plan to use your paint scheme for the coyote cover along with other ideas. Thanks to you and guys like Paul (Edwardb) I don't have to spend that much time researching for the coyote install. Well documented on this forum and FFCars forum.