Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coupe 669 Graduation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Coupe 669 Graduation

Well it is finally time to graduate this car.... I almost never post over here since trying to maintain two threads seemed overwhelming. I thought it would be ok to graduate her here though.

it has been pretty much done since last spring after the paint was complete but I still was fiddling with the carpet and my backup camera.

And... yeah the sidepipes need help but I wear it as a badge of honor since all of that happened at a track day when I was really working the engine out....otherwise they stayed back....ceramic coating is on the way this winter.

Ok The specs.....

Engine - 2014 Coyote - stock with the exception of a Tune from Bamatune
    The engine was moved ~2.5 inches forward by slotting the engine mounts and spinning the motor mounts (Thanks for the idea Mark D!!)
    Exhaust - GP headers roadster header with 4 into 4 changed to a 4 in 1 3" v-band flange
    The rest of the exhaust is custom3" mandrel bent tube with turbo tube mufflers added.
    Transmission - TKO600 with tall 5th gear... I do love that choice...highway cruising is 70mph @2000rpm
    - Rear mounted shift position but with the engine moved forward it sits where a mid mount would be.

Rear End - Lincoln 8.8 aluminum diff with 3.27 final drive and Eaton TruTrac differential

Wheels/Tires - Cobra 10th anniversary 17" wheels with Nitto NT05 tires 275/45/17 and 315/35/17

No power steering or brakes

Brakes - FF 6 Piston Wilwoods
    - Forte 4 piston rear Wilwoods with internal parking brake

Aluminum - Storage area below rear hatch above fuel tank
    - 2BKing Coyote aluminum panels
    - Squared off firewall making it much larger and able to completely house the AC/Heat unit
    - Since I moved the engine forward I did not have to touch the passenger foot well at all
    - Almost all panels powdercoated gunmetal gray or crinkle black
    - Headlight bucket aluminum panels made to cover the hole in front of the wheels
    - Fat Mat used pretty much everywhere

Interior/Electronics
    - Digital Guard Dawg RFID start system
    - Southern Hot Rods Air Conditioning
    - Defrost vents & 2 heat/AC vents per seat.
    - Bluetooth OBDII scanner feeding a Galaxy Tablet
    - License plate mounted backup camera feeding a WiFi transmitter to the Tablet
    - 35lb door actuators wired into Digital Guard Dawg keyfob
    - LED brake and turn signals and LED headlights
    - Signal Dynamics turn signal kit including the mod to use all 4 rear lights as brake lights
    I have 2 momentary push buttons that control left and right turn signals
    - 1 Roca marine wiper for the drivers side... AC and Coyote ECU prevented a passenger wiper.

Paint/Bodywork
    - Molded in Spoiler
    - Vent cutouts on the rear were filled in
    - passenger wiper mount was removed
    - back side undercoated with truck bed liner with the exception of part of the hood that was painted body color
    - Hood roundel and stripes painted in and then clear coated until there is no transition in the paint
    - Toyota Inferno Orange (4XO) with Gloss Black
    - Paint work done by Gary Correia of Albany Oregon
    - Quality headliner installed prior to body installation

So what did the whole thing cost you ask.... well I am happy to share that with anyone interested. I will say that I posted a thread well over a year ago "how-you-spend-50k-unpainted-coupe" that lays out a good amount of it.... but there has been much more since.

Well I am sure I will think of more to say but here are the pics...

Last edited by SeattleDad; 06-22-2017 at 12:03 PM.