Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: need help with electrical

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably just a coincidence, but I had almost the exact same scenario with my 818 after I started it this week. I could write a long story, but the bottom line is that one of the pins on the 3-pin connector on the alternator is broken off. The pins are rusty and it must have been brittle and broken off when I disconnected and reconnected the alternator. You could have the same issue, or something similar like a loose connector. Good luck tracking it down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrprgrmr View Post
    Probably just a coincidence, but I had almost the exact same scenario with my 818 after I started it this week. I could write a long story, but the bottom line is that one of the pins on the 3-pin connector on the alternator is broken off. The pins are rusty and it must have been brittle and broken off when I disconnected and reconnected the alternator. You could have the same issue, or something similar like a loose connector. Good luck tracking it down.
    This is pretty common. If anyone runs into this we have replacement alternator connector kits - http://www.iwireservices.com/product...lternator-1999

Old battery could cause that too.
    Last edited by iWire; 06-16-2017 at 03:24 PM.
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]