Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Tko 600

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smithbks View Post
    I have to admit I am a little bit baffled as to the shift issues. I have the TKO600 and while it was very stiff for the first 100 miles (basically I felt like I slammed it into gear - which I believe is what they kind of recommended), I haven't noticed a single issue since. The only thing I would say is that you need to go straight into the gear. You can't really slide it in sloppy like a standard car. If that is what is being referenced then I get it, but otherwise ??? I love it and wouldn't see any need for mods. But others are some pretty trusted voices, so their opinion is valued.
    This is kind of how these discussions typically go. Those that don't have modified TKO's say that after break-in they're OK and no modifications needed. But haven't tried a modified TKO. Others with modified TKO's (like me) say how nice they shift, but haven't used an unmodified version (also like me). It would be nice if someone had actually used both, but still the opinion is likely to be pretty subjective. For me it's a little bit of a no-brainer because Liberty Gears is local, a Tremec Elite distributor, and know exactly what is required for these builds including the tailpiece trimming. Pretty easy to go ahead and have them do the mods before picking it up.
    Last edited by edwardb; 07-12-2017 at 02:56 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.