Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Iowa

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Iowa

My adventure began back in January with a power road trip to pickup MK4 #9018 (complete kit)- something stupid like 40 hours of driving in a 48 hour window - totally uneconomical, but totally worth it.

My hobby and time/money pit to this point has been mountain bike racing, and I had stalled tearing into the build until I finished my final race - the peak of my ambition - a 24 hour solo race. That is complete, bike is for sale, and it's time to move on to the car finally!

Looking forward to a family build with my 3 kids (ages 9-15), two nephews in the same age range who live in the neighborhood, and my father and brother who live nearby. Not to forget the wife, who will be involved as well. My boys got some tools for xmas, and they are dying to get to work. Building the frame dolly was barely enough to hold them over.

Looking forward to the build as much as owning. I was a Mustang fan growing up, but didn't have hardly any hands on experience - no family hot rod or anything like that. Therefore, jumping into this is a giant leap and it will be a long road with a lot of research along the way. Hoping to set my kids up with the confidence to try new things and be willing to learn while getting their hands dirty. We'll be able to be a car show participant rather than just a spectator.

A trip to London, OH for the Cobra show was also great. Lots of fine details to still be ironed out, and it was great to see so many cars at once.

Time to stop daydreaming and get to work! Thanks in advance for all the help along the way that will surely come, and for all who have contributed to the forum to date. Luckily I've found some local builds (complete and also in process), but I will be relying on the forum extensively.

Cheers!
    Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a fun project for the whole family. Have fun. Ill be starting my kit soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on knocking that bike race off the list and welcome to the party. Sounds like our have plenty of helpers and a good plan. Keep us in e loop as you progress.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901