Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Realistic Build Costs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 75' forty View Post
    I guess I'm more after the unexpected build costs and how inclusive the complete kit really is.

Is the kit really that inclusive with brake lines, hardware, fittings, wiring (minus engine harness) etc? Or do most people find they get nickled and dimed to death.

Kit I'm looking at is ~28,500, seeing 8k is realistic for 5.0 and 6 speed from a wrecked mustang, still trying to find irs costs and wiring costs. .

How often do they do sales? Would be nice to save a few grand upfront since it seems like one of those builds you need a good bit to get going.
    They do sales at least once a year. You can save a couple grand if you order during a sale.
    The kit really is complete, down to the last nut and bolt. Their website is very detailed about what comes with the kit and what you need to supply.
    Figure the cost of the kit, and add the cost of everything else you need to build it the way you want. Then add the extra cost of whatever connecting pieces you need to bridge the gap between the kit and the parts you buy.
    I'll give you my example - I added A/C and heat. I purchased an HVAC kit roughly engineered for my car. I needed to fabricate brackets to mount the condenser, dryer, compressor, evaporator and all the heat and A/C lines. I purchased a tool to do the A/C crimps (or you could pay someone to crimp them). I had to buy different hose fittings to get the correct hose routing. Had to purchase heater hose, fittings and clamps. Had to purchase wire and loom and connectors, mounting brackets, a trinary switch, and a thermostat switch. Had to buy a vacuum pump and manifold gauge kit and freon (or pay someone to charge the system). These are the hidden costs you were talking about. If you put the kit together the way FFR intends it, you will reduce your cost and time. But you are still going to pay extra for coolant and oil.

Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt there will be any "sales" on the Gen 3 Coupe any time soon. It is a new product and likely quite popular.

Post Thanks / Like
    There will be specials on the new coupe, just sign up for their newsletter and you'll see when they do them.