Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Feasibility of Audi W12 6.0 litre engine in a GTM

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a couple pics (I think I have every pic of a GTM ever taken) that show how tight the ls fits in the GTM. The places where you'll have trouble is up front where the accessories are, and between the frame rails where the exhaust is. It would probably take some surgery on the frame in "width" and a re-shape of the "waterfall" area. If it's 1.5 inches wider and 2.5 taller the exhaust manifolds will probably be where the frame rails are, and the accessories are going to be where your shoulder/arm is. Again not trying to be negative, just you're probably looking at some mods if you want that engine. If you don't know there's another site called ffcars.com, and they have WAY MORE info on the GTM there. There are multiple threads there about v12 swap ideas.7222278.jpg223513d1448290864-anyone-wish-they-had-power-steering-power-brakes-009.jpgDo your homework before building. There are some mods that are desirable and some that are necessary, like a clutch stop that can save you from destroying your engine. (Too much clutch travel/pressure can ruin the thrust bearings) Look for the thread "Transaxle Tic-Tic! Need Help Please!" on ffcars.com. There are multiple threads about bodywork also. Know what you're getting into. Like I said, do your homework...
    Last edited by carbon fiber; 09-02-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much for the feedback carbon fiber... your thoughts and the links to ffcars.com are very helpful. Plenty of homework for sure! Some builds have taken years....I really would'nt want to wait that long but am willing to be patient for the possible W12 installation. I'll take a close look at the ffcar threads and let you know how I get on...I am hoping to receive the kit early 2018 at the moment.
    All the best and thanks again!