Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 87-95 J-Pipes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lahrs37 View Post
    The main hold up is that I forgot to account for the tax that would be due when registering the car. !
    Do they not take into account any taxes you already paid, either when you purchased it from FFR, or for all the items/parts you purchased to build it?

Future Mk4 builder/owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Do they not take into account any taxes you already paid, either when you purchased it from FFR, or for all the items/parts you purchased to build it?
    Yes they do take that into account, but if the car was delivered there was no tax paid. FFR only recently started charging tax on picked up kits at the factory. I know, because i picked mine up in june and paid 6.25% tax there.
    The only reason why I decided to pick it up was because i found out Pa is a reciprocating state with Massachusetts, so when i register my car, i can show i paid tax already in Mass and they accept that.
    That's also why i only got the base kit with minimal options on pick up. It's a lower tax costs.
    If i got the complete with $3000 more of options, that would be $1380 tax on a $23000 compete kit build.

Pa dmv only cares about the receipt showing the kit listed. All my other parts bought much later or before need not show proof of tax, nor do they ask.