Quote Originally Posted by Blwalker105 View Post
I, hopefully, will shortly be in need of someone to field-test my part with regard to high-g cornering & braking loads and I like your multi-faceted approach regarding going above and beyond design limitations. I’ll pm you as things progress.
I'd be glad to entertain a different concept if I can. I hope to get far along on my 818 this winter that I might be able to try something. The 818 would be the obvious candidate. I'd like to avoid the hit of a dry sump system, financially, complexity and weight-wise.
Perhaps someone else would be better positioned to do the testing? I do have a street toy '07 STi I'm building an engine for, as we speak. It would be problematic finding a place where I could exert high G's, outside of a few highway interchanges. Even then I would need an oil pressure gauge (which it will have) and datalogging capability or a GoPro to monitor it. I have all these capabilities but it may be more effort than I want to expend (unless it was going on the 818). I do plan on having full datalogging on it.
Perhaps somewhat relevant: With my current '08 track car I have two places I monitor oil pressure. One is straight out of the pump prior to the oil filter and the other at the rear of the right gallery prior to entering the right head (so it sees pressure at #5 main bearing/thrust bearing and #4 rod journal). I see at least a 10 PSI differential.
I've documented this before elsewhere but here is a link to my post in NASIOC about the engine's oiling system and my approach to modifying it. All this has been proven out this season, along with my external oil pressure control valve mod, in my current engine with 20+ track hours on it.