Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New MA inspection process Oct.1st

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a manta kit car that went through the State Police inspection about 13 years back. Went regular inspection for a few years with the sniffer test machines, and then they transitioned to the "older" new system (about 10 years or so ago) and I had to goto the MAC center inspection. At which point I got a emissions exemption etc for Kit car and due to age of engine/car/etc.
    For past 8-10 years I have been going to regular inspection station with no issue as emissions exempt. On Oct 10 2017 I went to get new sticker and the computer said I need to goto MAC again. I could not event get a rejection sticker. Simply could not process the car.

So I call the MAC number and get a range of answers depending on who I speak with. 1) It is a computer glitch go back and try again. or... 2) You need to get into new system and need to goto MAC once again...or.. 3) I will need to goto MAC every year moving forward.

They are supposed notify me for an appointment....is this happening to everyone that has a kit car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    A new subcontractor is doing the work for the MAC. I spoke to my guy and he was going to be losing his job, probably for the new guys are operating from a coldstart will take them a little time to get up to speed I hope they give the service of the previous contractor did my guy was great for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, the contractors for Parsons were professional and good to work with. But, I do not understand why I need to redo the process back to square one, since I thought this was a state regulation/process. In the mean time I can not legally drive my car since the sticker is past EOM and I do not even get a rejection sticker. NADA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got rejected as well. Still waiting for the MAC to call back.

Did anybody manage to get a sticker or some information on what to do ?

Post Thanks / Like
    So, after a number of weeks waiting I finally got a response from the MAC and they told me that I will be fine going to the local garage inspection station, but they need to contact him on phone while I am doing my inspection. In the mean time I decided to rebuild my FE....so trying to finish that up before I go back and before the snow settles in...or else I will wait for the spring....(glad I am not in RI they would try to penaize me $250 for late inspection...even though I have not been driving the car....)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm stuck just the same here after 2 trips to station and 3 times on the phone with MAC.
    I await their call back with instructions on next steps.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.