And... it has nothing to do with the engine! Well sort of. But some folks say "oh, you're running a so-and-so, and I can't really speak to that", but this question should be engine-independent. Maybe. OK, here goes. Look at the first pic. It's my power steering reservoir. Nicely installed. Very solid. Plumbing done. Don't let that sway you.

Let's hope it isn't too close to the hood hinge, but that is just one consideration. Now look at the second photo. Yes, it is the radiator expansion tank (and my left hand trying to hold it still).

This is where I am considering installing it. Before I do that, check out the next photo:

Here are the issues:
1. The braided line out of the PS reservoir is kind of in the way of the expansion tank. I can move the "upper" portion out of the way by adjusting the angle out of the PS reservoir. I'm a little concerned about the clearance at the bottom vis-a-vis the PS pump pulley.
2. If I move the braided line, I have plenty of room for the expansion tank.
3. If you believe moving the braided line is a bad idea, then the next option is to re-mount the PS reservoir further back and mount the expansion tank basically where the PS reservoir currently sits. The problem there is the brake line visible in the third photo.

What I want to do is move the braided line. It involves essentially no re-work. Am I being short-sighted here? Shall I take that path of less resistance, or bite the bullet and swap positions of these two items? (it's still less work than re-doing the engine block...)

Oh, by the way... for those of you who have used the kit-supplied expansion tank (as pictured here) - did you mount it to frame rails or the aluminum F-panel? If I mount it to the frame rails, it seems like it will be sitting pretty high. The manual is a little less than clear on that topic. And - you don't need to restrict your opinion to the above described options. Thanks in advance for your input!