With our roadster is reaching the finish date at FFR this week, we are looking forward to a great winter with lots of new experiences and skills to be learned and mastered, yet it is the thoughts of next summer that has me starting to grin. However, the comment in the title of this thread, which I plagiarized from one of the permanent threads, stuck with me. While I'm not afraid of driving this car, I do feel a level of respect is warranted and want to make sure my skills and judgement are up to the challenge of safely driving our new roadster and enjoying all the performance, sights, sounds and smells.

What recommendations does the owners group have for a new owner to learn the limitations of his/her skills, as well as the cars performance characteristics (and live to tell about it)? I'm assuming that doing some auto crosses would be wise, but how many? In addition, would it be wise to plan a track day? Are there certain tracks that are more forgiving than others or ones that should not be attempted until a certain level of accomplishment has been achieved? Are there driving schools some of you have taken that you found to be beneficial?

Thanks in advance for sharing your sage advice.
Vince