Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  35
Likes Likes:  155

Thread: Shoeless GTM #501 Here we go!!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The past couple days have been filled with ups and downs. I got back my suspension components back from the powder coater and they turned out EXCELLENT. The color is Silver Hammertone.

I started to install the PFADT Bushings in the front upper control arms . It took me a bit to get the hang of it with trimming the bushings, greasing, and putting the snap rings in, but I got the hang of it.

Then I did a little test fit on the chassis and something was off. The suspension mounts on the driver side seem off. I went back to my instructions on the bushings as one side is thicker than the other, but I installed everything correctly. So I went to measure the frame, sure as $hit, the driver side front upper control arm mount is more towards the rear of the car than the passenger side.

I measured from the back of the rear mount, to the edge of the left forward mount and the edge of the right forward mount on both sides.

Passenger side measurement to the first bracket is 10 15/16 and to the second bracket is 15 3/8.

Driver side measurement to the first bracket is 10 3/4 and to the second bracket is 15 1/4.

Now I have to make a decision. Do I cut the driver side forward upper control arm mounts off, move them forward, and have them re-welded? Or do I switch the bushings around to effectively move the pin more towards the rear in hopes that they line up? I’m thinking switch the bushings around to see if I can make this work without cutting and re-welding.

What are your guys thoughts and have you seen this before?
    Last edited by Shoeless; 01-14-2018 at 10:17 PM.

2. Likes Alan_C liked this post