So I finally did it!

I have been hanging around for quite a while, originally my plan was to build the 33 but my plans and budget just couldn't match, that dream isn't over just on hold ....

I bought a 2005 Saab 9-2x about 6 months ago with the idea that i would use it for some time then dismantle and use as a donor.

Well that plan has changed, with the support of my loving Girl Friend (tired of hearing me talk about building my own car for 4 years since we met) pushed me to make a move.
I ended up buying a partially built 818 with a 2006 donor, new plan is to tear it down and start fresh keep my Saab as a winter vehicle.

I will get the car registered as quickly as possible ensuring the car is safe and will pass all of the inspections i will have to get through in NJ. Eventual modifications include switching to an automatic I have a bad left leg and long term enjoyment of the car will have to be an automatic transmission but figured following the build plan first will help with registration purposes

working in a tight 1 car garage, My house has a 2 car garage that half was converted to a man cave room and for now it will stay that way but i have the option of tearing down the wall either whole or partially, if it is needed.

My 818 is getting delivered tomorrow, I have spent the whole week cleaning my garage and organizing tools to prepare. My delivery driver called me tonight a scheduled time to drop it off and he said it was the hardest vehicle he has ever had to trailer, so many people were tailgating and pulling up beside him to check out the car that it was extremely difficult to merge or fill up the gas tank. I am so excited to start this journey and i would really like to thank everyone for their assistance in the silly questions I have asked in the past and all the future assistance with all of my questions i will have in the future.

I am located in NJ about 10 miles from Philadelphia. I will figure out how to add some pictures over the weekend and get this build thread officially started!

Brett