I took my wife to Boulder, CO this past weekend to visit her sisters. Turns out, one of my sister-in-laws lives about 5 minutes from the Shelby American Collection, a small car museum that houses a bunch of Shelby stuff that is primarily on loan to the collection.

I decided to take a bit of time on Saturday to go check it out, and take a bunch of pictures. A whole bunch of pictures.

Museum1.jpg Museum2.jpg Museum3.jpg

They had a bunch of Cobras, a couple coupes, a few GT-40s, and several Shelby Mustangs, along with a few other cars - and a bunch of memorabilia on display. I think it was worth the $5 admission, and enjoyed my brief stay.

A few things I found interesting...
1. Front marker lenses on various cars - amber on some and clear on others. I think I preferred the clear lenses. I made a note to come home and look to see what color lenses were provided with my kit (because I couldn't recall off the top of my head), and see if I can find any reference material on what was used and when.

2. One white Cobra with a hardtop had a deflector mounted on the hood. I didn't find it appealing, just interesting, as I hadn't seen it before.
Museum4.jpg

3. So many guardsman blue cars. I am not even remotely questioning my choice of red for my build, but man, those sure look good.

4. Ideas for future builds. A coupe? A GT-40 clone? Oh, my. I'm going to have so much fun with my Roadster, but those cars just look ready to provide an immediate adrenaline injection and feed an addiction to driving on the edge.

5. While having a conversation with the guy behind the counter, I mentioned in passing that I primarily decided to visit because I'm building a replica. I got the immediate impression that I shouldn't have mentioned that, as he sort of disengaged from the conversation after that comment. Like we all have a million bucks or so to drop on an authentic vintage car.

I ended up with a couple posters, a slew of pictures, a bunch of crazy ideas, and an urge to get back to work on my build.

If you happen to be in the Boulder, CO area, I'd say it was worth the price of admission. Plan for an hour or two, although I'm sure more time could be spent there looking at details, if you don't have a wife and her sisters waiting on you.