Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New CNY Coupe builder

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Alex! I am looking forward to seeing a GenIII running the cones next summer. I've only dabbled in the SNYSCCA region, but, the 33HR performed better on its maiden cone voyage than I expected. If only I could drive it as it deserves!! I'll be putting the biggest A7's I can get on it in the spring. With your experience you should be able to impress out of the box.
    Keep us posted on progress.

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by erlihemi View Post
    Congratulations Alex! I am looking forward to seeing a GenIII running the cones next summer. I've only dabbled in the SNYSCCA region, but, the 33HR performed better on its maiden cone voyage than I expected. If only I could drive it as it deserves!! I'll be putting the biggest A7's I can get on it in the spring. With your experience you should be able to impress out of the box.
    Keep us posted on progress.

Brian
    I'm sure you've seen the Hot Rod Episode with 5 FFR cars vs. a Lamborghini Gallardo at Las Vegas Speedway? The HR beat the Lambo's time: HOT ROD Unlimited Episode 27. There's something to inspire you

I always enjoyed Solo ll even though my PAX time was usually at the back of the pack... didn't matter as I always had fun. Put it this way, at the NE Divisional at what was Griffiss AF base in Rome, I was the only CP car that drove there as opposed to on a trailer. I ran on RE-71 road tires with the goal of coming in somewhere ahead of last.

Hope to cross paths sometime!

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qwezxc12 View Post
    I'm sure you've seen the Hot Rod Episode with 5 FFR cars vs. a Lamborghini Gallardo at Las Vegas Speedway? The HR beat the Lambo's time: HOT ROD Unlimited Episode 27. There's something to inspire you

I always enjoyed Solo ll even though my PAX time was usually at the back of the pack... didn't matter as I always had fun. Put it this way, at the NE Divisional at what was Griffiss AF base in Rome, I was the only CP car that drove there as opposed to on a trailer. I ran on RE-71 road tires with the goal of coming in somewhere ahead of last.

Hope to cross paths sometime!
    Alex,
    You won't have to worry about the PAX conversion with the GENIII...You won't get any!! Just go for FTD in your class or heck, FTD for the field!! I'm not very well versed in the classes, so I just ran EM on street tires to avoid conflict with the Vette and Miata guys that worry about season points. I think they were a little surprised when the old Desoto ran competitively with the BMW's...

Good luck on the build, I'm sure there's a few guys in the region that are willing to stop buy and provide a hand once in awhile.