Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 818 Project Updates From Dave

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Gel coat technology has come a long way. One challenge is that multiple colors require, depending on the variation, different color mold surfaces. For example, a dark gel coat like black or blue metallic requires a lighter mold surface like orange (to see air voids and lay-up gel-coat correctly. The lighter gels coats like red or silver require a darker mold surface, so factoring that into the equation makes multiple colors possible, but within restricted ranges.

I agree on the body shapes, like a super-modern coupe that may be the primary body for the aero-mpg car, could also be a rock-star wrx candidate... powering decisions involve alot of variables and space considerations but we will of course be reaching far on all of the above.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Any cost projections on the "track" version?

Predicting it could be made road legal?

Koni shocks off the shelf, or custom?

Availabe for independent sale from you, should we want to upgrade our "street" versions?

Post Thanks / Like
    As a displaced Newfoundlander, I've always wanted to enter the Targa Newfoundland. The 818R might be perfect. I also happen to live right between Mosport and Shannonville...