Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: join 347 dart with tko600 tranny -- anyone knows how to dial them?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before you get anything in the air, I recommend you test fit your transmission mount A-frame including its bolts. Some drop in easily, and others need "massaging". Better to find out now.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    'A-frame' ? I think I may have seen something like this in one of the boxes. Will check.

Thanks.
    Martin
    Life is short, so start living it.
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...-in-the-garage!
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Also test fit your motor mounts to your engine block. I have a Dart 347 also and had to do some grinding on the motor mounts to get them to fit. I would not grind the block. Dart blocks have some webbing cast into them that interfere with the engine mounts. Good luck.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Also I forgot to mention when you join your TKO600 to your engine you should dial indicate your bellhousing. Tremec requires this to be done to make sure the pilot shaft is within tolerance so you don't void your warrantee. Check American Powertrain's youtube video for how to do it. It's pretty easy but you will need a dial indicator and possibly some offset dowel pins.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcuz View Post
    Also I forgot to mention when you join your TKO600 to your engine you should dial indicate your bellhousing. Tremec requires this to be done to make sure the pilot shaft is within tolerance so you don't void your warrantee. Check American Powertrain's youtube video for how to do it. It's pretty easy but you will need a dial indicator and possibly some offset dowel pins.
    JR
    Hi jrcuz.
    The bellhousing is already attached. I am assuming Mike Forte did that part. (I can call and double check)
    All I need to do is to attach the transmission plus some clutch related parts.

Thanks,
    Martin
    delivery date: 10/31/2017, first start 2/24/2018, title and registration passed 6/22/2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Martin I got my eng/trans from Mike also, I called him to verify if he dial indicated the bell housing and he said he didn't. Call him though you'll have to remove the clutch also to position the dial indicator so you'll need the torque specs for the clutch and bell housing.
    JR
    Last edited by jrcuz; 12-15-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Martin I got my eng/trans from Mike also, I called him to verify if he dial indicated the bell housing and he said he didn't. Call him though you'll have to remove the clutch also to position the dial indicator so you'll need the torque specs for the clutch and bell housing.
    JR
    Hi jrcuz.

Thanks, I just called him, and it isn't dialed. He mentioned that the quick time bellhousing is done so well that many times you won't have to do that.
    If I am to remove the cover and the clutch -- I have no idea what I am doing here or how to measure it while putting it back together. kinda bummed about this discovery. Plus I don't have any of these measuring tools.

Thanks,
    Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    JR
    YouTube videos show you how to do this! It’s essential and is way easier than it sounds!

Post Thanks / Like
    Also test fit your motor mounts to your engine block. I have a Dart 347 also and had to do some grinding on the motor mounts to get them to fit. I would not grind the block. Dart blocks have some webbing cast into them that interfere with the engine mounts. Good luck.
    JR
    Thanks jrcuz.
    I have heard about this issue reading other build. So I am anticipating this. And of course, do not grind the block. I will tweak the mounts.