Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Joseph's MKIV - Yet another Coyote build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave - thank you, that is actually welded to the frame. The aluminum had already been removed, but I am aware a replacement will come with the wilwood pedals when I order them.

I did not take the time to mark the pieces, except with their numbers from the diagram in the build manual, because I knew they would all need to move around somewhat to fit right anyway.

My next batch of parts is on hold due to my truck needing a new transmission, so I will have plenty of time to fit and drill panels while I wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't just have the steering arms wrong, you have the spindles on the wrong sides of the car. The one you have pictured here is for the driver's side:

Once you get the spindles on the proper sides the steering arms will be installed so that they point forward and angle outward with the wide taper of the tie rod end hole pointing down. Pay no attention to the DS and PS markings; those are only relevent when they are used on the Hot Rod.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    You don't just have the steering arms wrong, you have the spindles on the wrong sides of the car. Jeff
    Yea, I noticed that when I looked again and realized something else wasn't right. I updated my post and added a picture.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.