FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Small Block Chevy Accessory Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Small Block Chevy Accessory Drive

I am putting a 350 chevy in my 33 and will have alternator and ac compressor. I am planning to run the hood and side panels. Can anyone share how they positioned the alternator and AC compressor so that everything will fit?
    Ryan
    33 Hot Rod
    350 SBC with TKO 500, 3 link rear

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rychi1 View Post
    I am putting a 350 chevy in my 33 and will have alternator and ac compressor. I am planning to run the hood and side panels. Can anyone share how they positioned the alternator and AC compressor so that everything will fit?
    I am running a gen 1 283 chevy with 80's Corvette aluminum heads. These are drilled and tapped on each end. My alternator is a proform 55 amp unit. It is physically small so that I could mount it in front of the passenger head and still use a short snout water pump. This allows the alt to stay within the confines of the hood side panels. Downside is the amp output. I have a vintage air gen II mini evap box to mount under the passenger side of the dash. My plan is to try and mount a a/c compressor down low on the driver's side, using the rear most v belt to drive it. The whole alternator deal was frustrating, took about 3 weeks of searching to come up with a compromise solution.

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_0847.JPGYou'll likely have to run a high mount alternator and A/C compressor to fit under the hood. I don't run A/C but my alternator is in a high mount which will give you some idea of what you may need. Check out Alan Grove www.agcbracket.com or search the Speedway Motors catalog as they specialize in hot rod parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    march performance high mount brackets for alternator and a/c worked well for me, quality products at good prices, give them a call, tell them what heads you have, and they will get you the right product.