Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 hot rod power windows

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

33 hot rod power windows

ok, I started working on power windows beginning with passenger side. cut the door per instructs in manual. cut the lift per instructs. I can not get the correct angle to get the glass to seat on roof seal. I have the lift mechanisms with motor attached directly. The motor is against the door shell. Also can I get materials to add windows guide for rear of door. Maybe this will help. I ordered new lift mechanisms from Ball's hot rod that have remote mounted motors. Hopefully this will address the issue. I spent all day saturday fighting with window and came to conclusion this mechanism is not going to work. I can't get the angle set and the thing flexes all over the place based on the plastic slides.

I guess this was taken as an FYI post since no one from FF has replied. I wanted to provide and update with where I am at. I received the new windows power lifts with remote motors that I bought. they fit way better. understand that is type now sent with kit. Glad for new buyers. I still would like to get materials for rear window guides. I used the ones with kit to test on passenger side. I started on theat side since I am sure it will not get used as much. the rear guided helps keep the window in place and run up and down smoother. I will call FF on phone since there has been no response here about materials for rear guide.
    Last edited by stang_killer; 08-01-2011 at 05:35 AM. Reason: updates

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Power or Manual Windows

Quote Originally Posted by stang_killer View Post
    ok, I started working on power windows beginning with passenger side. cut the door per instructs in manual. cut the lift per instructs. I can not get the correct angle to get the glass to seat on roof seal. I have the lift mechanisms with motor attached directly. The motor is against the door shell. Also can I get materials to add windows guide for rear of door. Maybe this will help. I ordered new lift mechanisms from Ball's hot rod that have remote mounted motors. Hopefully this will address the issue. I spent all day saturday fighting with window and came to conclusion this mechanism is not going to work. I can't get the angle set and the thing flexes all over the place based on the plastic slides.

I guess this was taken as an FYI post since no one from FF has replied. I wanted to provide and update with where I am at. I received the new windows power lifts with remote motors that I bought. they fit way better. understand that is type now sent with kit. Glad for new buyers. I still would like to get materials for rear window guides. I used the ones with kit to test on passenger side. I started on theat side since I am sure it will not get used as much. the rear guided helps keep the window in place and run up and down smoother. I will call FF on phone since there has been no response here about materials for rear guide.
    Thank you for your info. I have a question please.
    is the kit from Balls hot rod that worked properly? or another kit? I want to install a power windows for my 33 Hot rod and for my MK4. I am not sure if there is a kit for MK4 but I noticed that Ball`s have a universal kit. I hope its going to work .

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    having done the windows on a couple different HR's now they are a PITA.
    You have to have alot of patients. before you go to far make sure that the door is mounted in the correct place. and the roof is mounted in its correct place there is only 1/16- 1/8 clearance on either end where the glass clears the the top as the door opens and closes.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624