Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: lizardskin

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    always use it on any outside aluminum that is near heat. First coat is sound deadener then ceramic heat coating. I use Eastwood X-Mat on the inside stuff. Check my post #45.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...33-build/page2
    You use the x-mat instead of the FFR sound and insulation kit or in addition to? thx

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    You use the x-mat instead of the FFR sound and insulation kit or in addition to? thx
    instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    I sprayed both the Sound Control (SC) and Ceramic Insulation (CI) on the inside of my firewall and foot panels. On my floor pan I am spraying the SC and CI on both the top and bottom. I have not sprayed the CI on the top of the floor pan yet but will probably this weekend. I can that say tapping on the floor pan before and then after there is a big difference on the sound of the sheet metal. Just from the way it feels and sounds I think there will be a big difference.

Tim
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest you rough up with 40 grit any place you are applying Lizardskin. It will hold it better. Great stuff and paintable as well. I use it on the entire interior of the body as well as the AL panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC Huselton View Post
    I suggest you rough up with 40 grit any place you are applying Lizardskin. It will hold it better. Great stuff and paintable as well. I use it on the entire interior of the body as well as the AL panels.

I went over all my sheet metal with green scotch bright pads before spraying. I also used some acetone on it to get off all the lettering and Sharpe marks. It appears to have a good bond to the surface and is not coming off.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all for input

I have done firewall and several other parts with the Lizard skin (Heat and sound). Very impressed with product, seems like sound barrier will work good and I would expect heat barrier will alsolizard skin spray 2.JPG work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lizard Skin should only be applied to inside surface, per instruction on label as it is not road grim resent and well soften if cleaned with solvents.