Quote Originally Posted by Packer fan View Post
Your post is great.

I have read that the expansion tank needs to be above the heads. That doesn’t leave much room below the hood. If I put a straight edge from side to side can the top be at all above there. You put the hood on with a 1 by ? At the front of the hood.
Those wood blocks were just temporarily holding the hood in the approximate final location during mockup where I was confirming the height of the tank would clear the underside of the hood. Which it does with room to spare. The arch on the hood provides quite a bit of clearance at the middle where the tank is. From the pictures, you can see the mounting brackets I made wrap around under the bottom corner of the frame radiator mount tube. Those attach to the Moroso mount, and pretty much determine the height of the tank. If you have a radiator shroud, like also visible in the picture, the bottom mount of the Moroso tank rests on it. You can't get the tank any lower. Works fine and clears the hood in that position. If you put a straight edge across the back of the top of the tank (not the cap) it's roughly aligned with the top of the 3/4-inch hood surround tubes. Hope that all makes sense.