BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Alignment shims- anybody intersted in getting them made from 304 stainless steel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Alignment shims- anybody interested in getting them made from 304 stainless steel?

Our fellow forum member and vendor known as crash has a very nice set of alignment shims that he sells on his website myraceshop.com The current set is priced very fairly. I asked if he would make a set from 304 stainless.

Maybe its the fact that I restored my first car a 1979 jeep CJ5 that was plagued with rust that I am so rust averse. The way I see it the current shims will eventually rust slightly as any coating is scraped off by tightening the bolts. Even tho its only cosmetic I would love to have a set made of 304 stainless.

If your GTM will see any track duty or you spend the money to get a good race quality alignment, the shims will prevent the alignment settings from creeping under load over time.

Crash asked that I gauge any interest on the board here as I don't want to see him lay out money for inventory that nobody else wants. Please sound off if you want a set made from stainless. At that point I am sure Crash will set a fair price if there are enough takers.

Thanks for considering .

John
    Last edited by kabacj; 08-03-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    XTF #2
    build start date June 19 2023

GTM # 344
    Build Start December 2010
    First track day April 2013

Post Thanks / Like
    I must agree that SS is a nice option. I will have to check with the laser cutter and see what the cost difference is, but I'm just guessing that the price will probably double or even then some with the use of stainless.

I'll tell you that I was initialy going to have them zinc and cadmium plated. The two different colors for the two different shims would be great for identification purposes, but went with paint because I could do it in house, it brought the price down a little, and I don't have to wait for ANOTHER company to be finished with a process. These take long enough to manufacture and get right as it is.

Anyway, if any one is interested, sound off, but I usually do runs of 200 pieces, so I would need an order for about 20 kits before I would want to go ahead with this.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts