Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  21
Likes Likes:  132

Thread: Cliff's 33 Hot Rod Build in Virginia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    There are some good videos on you-tube for the door install. Four parts if I remember correctly.
    The videos I found were for Gen 1 and the hardware and procedures are way different. Also a template, worth it's weight in gold, is in the kit to drill the door and body for the hinges. The general information was good and I'll follow that. I like the idea of trimming the door just to "fit" at this point and set the gaps later after it's completely installed. I started today putting the hinges in. Took 3 hours. If that is any indication of how things are going to go I should be working through the night tomorrow night putting in the drivers door.
    Last edited by colsen23153; 09-22-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    '33 Hot Rod Chassis #1118, Gen 2, hard top, bike fenders, AC, electric steering. BluePrint Engines Chevy 383 Fuel Injected with the 700R4 transmission 8.8" rear 3.55.

2. Likes FF33rod, HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have spent a lot of hours on the doors and I feel there are still a bunch more to be spent. Adding washers so the beam twists is a big help. Still is a lot of trial and error with way too many adjustments available. I have final fitting to go but just had had enough bodywork and went on to the chassis. The hood, sides, and radiator fit are another learning experience. Lots of options for learning how to sand, cut, and use fiberglass and resin. Not all bad, but takes a while when you are learning it all new.
    - Peterh226 #1134
    '33 Hot Rod 2nd Gen. Blueprint 383 Sniper TKO Delivered 4/14/2019
    Full Fenders, Top, 3-Link, Wilwoods
    YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R | Fr 245/45 R17 | Rr 295/30 R18
    AR605 Torq-Thrust M Chrome | Fr 17x8 | Rr 18x10

4. Likes Chris C, colsen23153 liked this post