Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  211

Thread: SS383 Build - 33 Hot Rod #1134

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    CONGRATS!!! Other than good luck the first piece of advice I can give you is to get the body, doors, trunk, hood all fit up and aligned with each other (you will need to fit up the rad with the front grill as well) first before you get into all the other fun stuff!! This will not only test your patience but it will get you way ahead when it comes to the rest as that portion can go very quickly and the least amount of dust on it the better. This is a lesson I learned the hard way and now understand this is the way the other "full time builders" do it as well as at FFR. Doing body and fitment early on also lets you ensure good alignment for the rest of the components afterwards.

Oh and most of all HAVE FUN!!!
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    that's great advice! I am in the process of doing exactly that and have 10 - 15 hours in trying to hang the first door and it still isn't quite done. I am so glad to be getting this part of the build over with (while it is still cool in the shop). The rest will be a walk in the park.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m thinking about that process. I’m trying to find a post about the entire grind/sand/smooth process. I read a post but can’t find it again. It’s a bit overwhelming to decide where to start.
    - Peterh226 #1134
    '33 Hot Rod 2nd Gen. Blueprint 383 Sniper TKO Delivered 4/14/2019
    Full Fenders, Top, 3-Link, Wilwoods
    YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R | Fr 245/45 R17 | Rr 295/30 R18
    AR605 Torq-Thrust M Chrome | Fr 17x8 | Rr 18x10