Hey Guys,

So I have been taking some HPA classes for a bit learning EFI Tuning and general wiring harness construction and recently pulled the trigger on their Professional Motorsports Harness Construction class to learn the methods of constructing a top tier motorsports wiring harness for my GTM. I'm about a third of the way through the classes and have decided to go down this path for my GTM wiring harness. This class builds on what was taught in the previous two classes (Wiring Fundamentals and Club Level Harness Construction).

I figured since this will be an area that might garner a lot of attention, I decided on a new thread separate from my build thread was appropriate. I plan on documenting the training as I go along, the differences between lower level wiring harness construction versus a motorsports level harness, the tools required (which are damn expensive BTW), and the actual construction of the harness for my GTM. What I have learned so far is that this process will easily take 4 X more time than just a standard wiring harness construction, with way more time upfront in planning even before you cut the first wire.

The training starts out with the following main areas:
1. Component Listing and Physical Location
2. Power Supply Design
3. Sensor Design
4. Grounding Design
5. Actuator Design
6. Material Selection
7. Harness Routing
8. Concentric Twisting
9. Construction Plan

I'm currently somewhere between 3 and 5 laying out what the current harness would look like for an AEM Infinity Series 7 ECU integrated into the GTM. This will help me create the plan for the full pin out documentation and a general understanding and check that I have everything accounted for.

As mentioned this process will take significant time, but the end result will be a wiring harness that will withstand any operating conditions and perform for years to come.

Stay tuned for more and I hope this will be as enjoyable for everyone else and it will be for me to learn and actually build a high end motorsports harness.