Quote Originally Posted by 00SS_M6LS1 View Post
I'll admit:

- I didn't even try to search

- I'm only about 1/4 way through the GTM manual

I'm trying to pick-up from where the previous owner left off , and it appears we're at the stage of
wiring the steering column harness.

I've search through the hundreds of boxes and baggies but cannot find the mating end. Perhaps this
is why there is a Painless Wiring kit included with the car.

Is the Painless Wiring kit part of the GTM package when ordering from the factory?

Also wondering if there are door key looks, and a steering column lock?

This particular column does not appear to have a lock cylinder. In the area that I would expect
to find a key, there is a toggle switch. Perhaps this column is meant for a push-button start deal?

100_5823.jpg100_5818.jpg100_5820.jpg
I've already sent a message to the previous owner who should be able to set me
straight, but I likely wont hear back until later tonight. A quick reply to get me
back to work will be very appreciated!

Last one: Has anyone found the steering linkage to be too long? I had to remove
the inner locking nut to align the front tires. This is temporary of course; I'll likely
drill and tap through the sleeve, or check the passenger side to see if it will fit
100_5821.jpg
T,

*Yes Sir. An 18 Circuit GM Column Painless Wiring Kit is included with the kit.
*No door locks. However the latches do have a mech that you are instructed to remove before installing. Many go with "shaved handles" and poppers.
*The portion of the steering wheel lock that the pin would go through is removed with the airbag. So you will not have a column lock.
*The corvette steering column does not house the ignition switch. In the corvette it resided above your right knee. The switch on the column housing is for the telesoping function of the column.

*You will have to shorten the rods on the steering rack.