Quote Originally Posted by J R Jones View Post
Standard design practice is 1 1/2 times the thread diameter for thread engagement with steel on steel. Aluminum and high stress require 2 diameters.
The jamb nuts are not included in the 1 1/2 proportion. Actually I do not see a bending moment on this part, it is the upper control arm? Is there binding in the articulated ends?
Agreed.

JR, I don't actually think it is "bent". If you zoom in the threads (males side) look intacted to me. It seems that there is only a thread or two and they are just not engaged and that is how it is sitting, versus being bent or deformed tot he current angle.

Can't lie here. Everything has been on and off so much that it is easy to miss something. I adopted a process early of only hand tightening everything as I did not want to over do the nylocks and such from a 100 offs and ons. Even after a few 'complete' nut and bolt checks one pops up from tie to time. I even went around with a paint pen and hit everything after torqueing, but now those have been off too! I guess I need to switch colors