Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Increase master cylinder bore with Mendeola?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    I had the same issues as I believe that I might have the first Mendy with the Tilton supplied hydraulic release bearing. If you read the Tilton instructions it is paired to work best with a 7/8" bore master cylinder. I did change mine out as this was required to get everything to function properly. I do believe that a shim is actually needed to attain the correct .100" - .150" bearing clearance.

With that said mine is up and working without it but as you state it goes all the way to the floor, and I have gotten used to it. Did manage to get around 700 miles put on it this summer and will be doing a inspection of it this winter to see how things are looking. Hopefully this helps you.

Steve
    Hey SteveE,

Did you ever try your setup with the 3/4 master cylinder? I remember talking with Mike Mendeola a while ago and he claims to stay with the 3/4. Maybe that's the same BS I get from him on my delivery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Hey SteveE,

Did you ever try your setup with the 3/4 master cylinder? I remember talking with Mike Mendeola a while ago and he claims to stay with the 3/4. Maybe that's the same BS I get from him on my delivery.
    Yes, I did try the 3/4 that comes with the kit, my issue was I could not get enough travel out of it to engage the clutch. After talking with Tilton and reviewing their instructions and spec sheet i went with the 7/8 Master Cylinder. This has worked fine for me so far, yes I still have full pedal travel and like i said I plan to give this a good inspection this winter to ensure everything is still in good order.

Shoeless, yes I went through the same on my delivery, did you ever receive yours?

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveE View Post
    Yes, I did try the 3/4 that comes with the kit, my issue was I could not get enough travel out of it to engage the clutch. After talking with Tilton and reviewing their instructions and spec sheet i went with the 7/8 Master Cylinder. This has worked fine for me so far, yes I still have full pedal travel and like i said I plan to give this a good inspection this winter to ensure everything is still in good order.

Shoeless, yes I went through the same on my delivery, did you ever receive yours?

Steve
    Well crap, I guess I'll go get the 7/8" master cylinder now and do the modification and powder coating of it, but i guess its better to do it now before my install.

I have still yet to get mine. After no response from Mike for a bit, I finally got Ian on the phone today. I guess Mike had some medical issues earlier in the month and got a couple ambulance rides to the hospital. Now he is back in the hospital again. No wonder I couldn't get him to respond. I'm trying to be patient, and I hope Mike gets well soon, but this is beyond ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoeless

I verifed, yes i have the 7/8. Sent you pm with number if you want to discuss.

Steve