I forgot that part of the project was done. Now that I've reviewed your extended pan and the oil pickup I'm pretty certain that your system could be converted to a Aviad style hybrid dry sump easily. All you'd need to do is replace the swing arm with a solid tube or hose that goes up to a port in the side of the upper pan where you feed the dry sump tank return back to the engine's internal oil pump; and put a couple of scavenge ports in the lower pan that feed up to a Aviad DS pump on top. The pump replaces the air conditioning unit and uses the current drive belt setup. I'm not sure if there's enough room up there for a four stage scavenge pump to scavenge the heads too....so you could use a second pump in place of the power steering pump. It could draw one line from the right hand head and one line to the lower oil pan, and the air conditioning side pump would mirror one line to the head and one line to the pan. You'd definitely have lots of vacuum with with twin pumps and could probably even use a stock length serp belt, or very close to stock length.

I may have to get an EZ36 for a winter project.....but first I need to get my 818 running solid on it's EJ257. More on that very soon.