Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Zoomie or Gasser Headers for 33 Gen 2 frame SBC

Post Thanks / Like

Zoomie or Gasser Headers for 33 Gen 2 frame SBC

I have the GEN 2 frame with a SBC. I have not found any zoomie or gasser style headers that will work out of the box. I saw this setup online but wasn't sure if they were customer fabricated or not.

Is anyone running zoomie or gasser headers.

Gasser.jpeg

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I fabricated those headers because I couldn't find store bought headers to fit my chassis that were large enough for my engine. If you look at the collectors you will see a band clamp that holds the mufflers on for street duty. At the track I replace them with a tuned length collector extension that complements my torque curve. I designed mine to scavenge exhaust gasses (and pull a fresh charge in) for my engine's specific power curve. You can't buy off the self headers like that.

If you want zoomies or gasser style to fit the FFR chassis you'll have to have them custom made. The front chassis rails are just too high to fit typical style zoomies. And the headers that do fit the chassis are too small for even a moderate power engine and are not tuned.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgi56 View Post
    I have the GEN 2 frame with a SBC. I have not found any zoomie or gasser style headers that will work out of the box. I saw this setup online but wasn't sure if they were customer fabricated or not.

Is anyone running zoomie or gasser headers.

Gasser.jpeg
    Nice looking ride! Do you have more pics?
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jop33, if you're referring to the blue car in the photo that's my car. Click on the link below to see more photos and I believe I may have some of me building at least one set of headers for this car.
    Dart Little M 406" SBC 800 HP N/A & 1,100 HP on nitrous, 2-spd Powerglide with trans brake, 6,000 RPM stall converter, narrowed Moser 88 3.90:1 spool with 35-spline gun-drilled axles & Torino bearings, custom parallel four-link, custom tube chassis & roll cage NHRA certified for 8.5-sec (only two FFR Hot Rods have this cert).

33 Hot Rod Super Pro Drag Racer Build: 33 HR NHRA Cert Roll Cage Build

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Check Out Schoenfeld:

https://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/derbyzoomie.html

Look At The IMCA Adjustables Or Shorties & Flip Them Upside Down.

https://www.schoenfeldheaders.com/im...modified5.html

You Might Just Find Something That Could Work!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 01-27-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think no matter which powerplant you choose, if you want anything other than shortys or block huggers you are on your own. I'm doing this - I love the look of the lake style headers and always wanted to build my own set of headers, so now I have. Definitely not the best for performance although can't be any worse than the aforementioned options...and with the caps removed should be plenty obnoxious to turn heads.IMG_1021.jpg

7. Likes JOP33, AJT '33 liked this post