Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Seat Slider Options?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Seat Slider Options?

Part of the deal with my wife allowing me to build a Coupe was that she be able to drive it— small price to pay I guess...

Anyway, we've measured ourselves in the car, and it appears that we need around 5.5 inches of travel in the seat— I'm all the way as far back as the seat can go and she's 5.5 inches closer to the firewall. I've looked at the option provided by FFR, but I'm not crazy about it because it's single locking and it seems like it might not play nicely with the carpet. Also, I couldn't find what the travel distance was (does anybody have this handy?)

So I'm looking at other options and would love some ideas/inspiration. Here are the options I see available right now:

1. Seat booster pad. I like this idea, but my guess is that 5.5" is probably not safely possible?
    2. Find a standard dual-locking seat slider. I also like this idea, but they all seem like the lock bar is going to interfere with the carpet without some modification. Do you normally mount them on risers? Maybe I'm just over thinking it? Does anyone know of one that works well with the carpet and has at least 5.5" of travel?
    3. L-Track (airplane seating track: https://www.uscargocontrol.com/Truck...traps-Hardware). I have to admit I like this one the best. Seems low profile, strong, and versatile. I could see using a couple of these up front (https://www.uscargocontrol.com/Doubl...-w-Bolt-Thread) as a quick release mechanism. The cons of this setup are that those stud fittings seem to have a small amount play in them (I think it would still be safe, just annoying).

I don't care if it takes a minute or two to readjust the seat (as long as it can be done singlehandedly and without tools), so I'm open to options. I'm leaning towards #3 because it seems like there is a lot of room for different options, but any thoughts/ideas/help would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. regarding the "all the way back as far as it can go"— it seems like the seat goes back another inch or so if you slightly angle it pointing towards the door. In fact the whole drivers side (including the steering wheel and pedals) appears to be slightly angled away from the centerline of the car. Am I crazy, or is that normal? Are other people mounting their drivers seats with a slight rotation (looking from above) to the left?
    Last edited by Alphamacaroon; 02-04-2020 at 05:46 PM.
    Cheers,

--jim

Build 1: Gen III Type 65 Coupe, Gen II Coyote