Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: A beloved friend is home now.

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A beloved friend is home now.

A lot of you have been following the condition of Andy Salvaggio, on the Coupe, and Off Topic sections. Karen posted this today, we've lost a great and generous friend. In the short time that I've know Andy and Karen, they have grown to be part of our family. I haven't been at a race track without them there, Andy's laugh, and Karen's endless enthusiasm. I know Andy's in a better place, but I will still miss him!

September 16, 2011
    Our courageous and wonderful Andy passed into the loving hands of our Lord this afternoon. He was at peace, and through the kindness of so many over the last weeks and months, he left us knowing how much he was loved. We know his loving mother, father, and sisters, as well as Robert, Paul, Ralph, and so many of our friends who passed before him, were there to receive him with the greatest of love. Our family is deeply saddened in our loss, but find solace in knowing he has now found true peace.

Andy was indeed an exceptional man, and he will forever be my hero. He lived an amazing life, and I count myself fortunate to have shared nearly twenty years with this man. Words will never fully express our family's gratitude for the unwavering love and support we've received from our family and friends. Thank you for your prayers and kindness.....We are truly blessed

Sincerely and with warmest regards...........................Karen
    Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Andy is in a far better place without pain or doctors. He has just gone ahead to prepare a car for Karen. My continued prayers for Karen and the families.
    Doug

Super Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen and family, I'm saddened by this news but it also helps knowing that Andy will now be at peace. We all have lost loved ones and it is always very hard to understand just why it has to happen. I'm just so glad that so many of his friends came out to show just how important Andy was in their lives and I'm sure Andy was very pleased. He seems to have lead a life that brought him both personal joy and respect from his friends and family, what more can a man ask for.

Karen, we are here for you and feel free to ask for anything you might need.

Rest in peace Andy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure there is a Riverside Replica track in heaven and Andy is already taking laps as we grieve his passing. Our thoughts and prayers for Karen & Family.

Marty & Sue
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan

Post Thanks / Like
    Godspeed, Andy.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless.
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andy
    I miss you man
    He was one of the best. and can not be replaced.

Mark D
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Thompson View Post
    Karen and family, I'm saddened by this news but it also helps knowing that Andy will now be at peace. We all have lost loved ones and it is always very hard to understand just why it has to happen. I'm just so glad that so many of his friends came out to show just how important Andy was in their lives and I'm sure Andy was very pleased. He seems to have lead a life that brought him both personal joy and respect from his friends and family, what more can a man ask for.

Karen, we are here for you and feel free to ask for anything you might need.

Rest in peace Andy!
    Karen;
    I don't think I could write anything that says it better than how Russ expressed it.
    You both are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Being on the East coast I only had the pleasure of meeting Andy once at a Factory Five Open house, where we were trying to help Bill Loeffler with a "no start" on his Coupe. Karen, I am very sorry for your loss and for not having the opportunity to get to know Andy better.
    FFR#2496
    FFR#CP373

Post Thanks / Like
    So very sorry to hear this news. Although I never met Andy, from the many photos of him, the stories and his multitude of friends, his personality was always evident. Rest in peace.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so saddened to hear this. Karen, our thoughts are with you and your family and all of us wish you nothing but the best.

Mike,Pete,Diane & Cheryl.

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen,

I met Andy at the FFR open house, where he and Tim Potts graciously tried to help me with my "no start" coupe on my trailer. Found out later it was out of gas. Also my wife and I had a long talk with him afterwards and I can see why he was so well liked by everybody. I'm so saddened to hear of his passing and my thoughts are with you and your family. It would be nice at FFR's next open house to honor him with a moment of silence or maybe a moment of exhaust noise from the attendees.

Bill

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karen,

Even though Dona and I just met you and Andy last fall on our RV trip, it seemed like we were lifelong friends. We truly enjoyed the time spent with you both. Andy was a very gracious host and kept us fed and hydrated until you got home from work and also gave us a detailed tour of the Salvaggio Auto Museum ... great fun. The evening with you both and John and Victoria Tongish goes down in our "memory books" as a Top 10 Event!

I know that Andy is now joined up in heaven by fellow coupe folks like Ralph Littlefield and many other FFR builders that have passed on. I can almost smell the tire smoke as they continue those eternal burnouts!

Love, Hugs & Prayers from Garry & Dona
    Last edited by Garry Bopp; 09-17-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karen,

Dona and I are at the Atlanta Historic Races at Road Atlanta this weekend. I'm proudly wearing my Thunder Valley Racing hat in honor and memory of Andy.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen and family,
    Our thoughts are with you all. I'm sorry for your loss.

Anything, anytime.

Richard and Yvonne
    Team PDG

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen and family,

Another injustice of a terrible disease. Sorry to hear about Andy's passing, hope you find strength in the loved ones around you.
    I lost my mother in law to a brain tumor last New Years day. What can you say about something like that.........

John

Post Thanks / Like

Passing of Andy

Dear Karen,

No one can actually ever tell you how you are feeling but I have an inkly. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. For sure there is a garage full of coupes and roadsters and all the tools to keep the building going in heaven. I am sending a hugs of condolences.

Debbie Littlefield

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry to hear this, I am new to this place and have been reading everything I can and so have stumbled upon you very inspirational people. I am saddened to hear of his passing. THe world gets lessened every time we loose a great one and my condolences go out to friends and family

Post Thanks / Like
    Memorial Service & Celebration of Life

Memorial Service
    September 23, 2011
    9:45 AM
    Riverside National Cemetery
    22495 Van Buren Blvd.
    Riverside, CA 92518

Immediately Following Memorial Service....Please join us:

Celebration of Life
    11:00 AM
    Riverside International Automotive Museum
    815 Marlborough Avenue
    Riverside, CA 92507
    F5R1006211RD, Blue Granite Metallic with Titan Silver Stripes by Jeff Miller (Batman)
    4.6 SOHC, 3.73 R&P, 3 Link W/Koni's, 17x9 Cobra R's with 255 45zr 17 BFG Tires, Champ Pan

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen,

I'm so sorry to hear of Andy's passing. When ever I talked to Andy he always had such great stories to tell. I will miss him. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear this news, I had been following the posts and keeping Karen and Andy in our thoughts. I never met Andy, but from the friends he has and the stories I have read there is little doubt that he was good people. (as dad likes to say) God Speed Andy!
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have known Andy for years but it wasn’t until last year that I was able to sit and talk and spend any appreciable time with the guy. It was at the January 2010 Solidworks Annual Show in Anaheim and the customer event at the Riverside Auto Museum afterwards. The old expression “still waters run deep” is a favorite of mine and immediately came to mind when I was chatting with Karen at Riverside. On the wall was videos from the old track and a guy just tearing it up back in the day in a racing Corvette… It was Andy! Thru the many races, 25 hour events, and Knotts, HB cruises, and all, Andy was a great supporter of the FFR family. He was respected among our crew, especially Jim, Andy, Mark, and the guys from here who raced with Team Thundervalley. My heart goes out to Karen and the Salvaggio family. This is a very personal business and it’s because of people like Andy and Karen. We all are sad for the loss and all of us here at Factory Five Racing send our love and prayers and hopes for comfort.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Karen (and all),

Words don't describe how sorry I am to hear the news. Karen, you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

So very sorry...

Randy and Julie Jones

Robert, I really miss you man

FFR Roadster Mark III, 500hp Small Block Chevrolet, TKO600, BMW Imola Red with silver ghost flamed stripes by the immortal Batman.

"There's nothing you can't do, only stuff you haven't done yet!"

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    After seeing Andy's picture in his racer, I couldn't forget the great smile. It's one of those smiles that could say, "Great to me you" or " Enjoyed passing you in that hairpin curve". Sorry I never got to meet him. Our thoughts and prayers are with Andy's family. He is probably looking down from above at his love ones and friends with that same cool smile. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karen,

Sorry to hear of Andy's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Deep sympathy and prayer for the family, that peace and understanding will be strong with all. My heart is heavy and words cannot express. Andy will drive on….drive on, in spirit, with all who know him.

Post Thanks / Like
    God now has one heck of a good mechanic. The Tongish Family first met Andy and Karen at Willow Springs in 2008. The picture below tells the story for us. Though Andy will be missed, our memories of fun times and great stories will remain, and his spirit will be in our hearts.

John, Victoria, Jennifer, Sabrina, and Jeremy

DSCN2692a.jpg

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry to hear to news. My thoughts have been with both of you these last months. Andy is in a better place with no more suffering. I hope Karen you find peace in your family and the many friends that will be praying for you.
    John
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.

Post Thanks / Like
    I add my voice to those offering their prayers and condolences to Karen and her family. I spoke with Hank last weekend and he described Andy as a man whose life was characterized by kindess and generosity, among other great qualities. I am sad to hear that he has passed and will keep Karen and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am fairly new here, but have already read a great deal about Mr. Salvaggio. His loss is tragic and unfair. In a world of give and take, he clearly gave more based on the number of kind responses. My thoughts a prayers go to his family.

Respectfully,
    Robert Chianese

Post Thanks / Like
    Karen,

I am so sorry for your loss. I never knew him, but I would follow your posts about the races etc. After reading the above posts, I regret never knowing him.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been away for awhile and am crushed to hear the news Karen. Of course I didn't know Andy personally but know he was dearly loved by many people and there is great solace in that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Enjoy the celebration of his accomplished life.
    steve
    The Coupe Du Jour #443
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/38188992@N04/