Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  83

Thread: JForand - Atlanta Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jforand View Post
    Does anyone know of a trustworthy Subaru guy in the Atalanta Georgia area?
    For engine work? So few people machine Subaru engines. All the shops I know of in Atlanta and nearly anywhere else don't do it. Everyone just buys a new OEM short block or a staged short block from somewhere like IAG or Out-Front (which use new OEM shortblocks as the base). You can get a brand new short block for a little under $2,000. You have a pretty big laundry list of machining you will need to get done, plus parts.... not sure how much money you are going to save by to the time that's all over vs just getting a new short block and bolting your old heads up to it. If you have your heart set on using your existing components and having everything machined, I'd ship it off to a Subaru specialty machinist before I'd let any "general" local engine machine shop touch it. Most local places aren't going to be used to working with Subarus nor have the torque plates and tooling required to properly machine the two-piece engine case. It would be so awful to pay all that money for engine machining, plus assembly time and money for bearings and gaskets and all that only to have it blow up.
    Last edited by Hindsight; 04-10-2020 at 05:59 PM.