Good Afternoon from the sand box! My name is Pat and am looking to start a roadster in the next year or so once I retire from Active Duty. I am currently deployed so when I am not working I spend my time here and on YouTube learning about other owner's builds and experiences.

My plan is to install a Coyote with power steering, manual transmission, no A/C or heat and probably no radio. My goals for the car are to drive it as much as possible and drive it anywhere anytime. Just like my '67 Mustang, it was built to be driven and that is what I want to do with the roadster. This is why I want the dependability of the Coyote.

Can you do the bodywork first? While the shell is still attached to the chasis? Are there parts of the car that need to be complete to ensure you get proper alignment? For example, I watched the FFR body work videos and their advice was to simply cut the header opening to the front wheel well lip. To me that would mean I wouldnt need the engine installed and the headers assembled to get that lined up? I am thinking of doing the opposite of what seems to be the build preference, get the go kart done then do the bodywork. I want to get the hardest worst part of the build done first and then get it to go kart.

For anyone with the Coyote, what are some reviews of the vaiorus manuals to put behind it? Recommendations?

Thanks for any and all advice on getting started